Sandbox 3D Game Maker 2.8 Beta released
Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.8 Beta is now available for download.
The release includes the free FPS game 'Water Gun Wars' and many updates to the RPG Maker mode.
'Water Gun Wars', a free open source FPS is the main feature of the new release. Drench your friends in CTF, Drenchmatch, Team Drenchmatch, Instadrench, Base Capture, and more. In addition there are many new features added to the RPG Maker. The release is currently in Beta as 'Water Gun Wars' is being tested for the best play experience possible and also the brand new improved menu system. Water Gun Wars is heavily based on 'Cube 2' but with several gameplay changes.
'Water Gun Wars' will also serve as the base for the upcoming commercial high action coop wave defense game 'Last Kid Standing'.
Several key features of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.8 Beta:
* A working Masterserver,
* Brand new powerful UI which will eventually support widgets,
* Freecusor. You can use a cursor for your games,
* Significantly improved in game Text Editor,
* New decals and particles, mainly for 'WaterGun Wars'.
'Water Gun Wars':
* Game modes Drenchmatch, Team Drenchmatch, CTF, Capture, Instadrench, and more,
* Beautiful new map Snowcourt by Kid-Matthew,
* Several Water Guns including the Water Pistol, Chaingun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Double Barrel Shotgun, and Grenade Launcher,
* Fast Paced Water Gun Blasting Action.
* Overhaul item system - allows dynamic and varying values (i.e. 'Diablo'), all items will still stack where possible,
* New inventory management system - items are now managed as sets of identical bases,
* Numerous new and functional interfaces for the UI system,
* Includes trade and looting,
* Paperdoll equipment UI with by slot filtering for equipment,
* Implemented merchant types, with trading rates, multiple currencies and even store credit,
* Ammunition can now be recovered for projectile based and thrown weapons,
* Tons of bugfixes and new features.
Date Posted : 24 Jul 2012