Research show that 50 to 80 percent of all expectant mothers deal with morning sickness at some stage in their pregnancies, but more often than not it is evident in the first trimester.
Morning sickness is also not necessarily limited to mornings only but can be experienced at any time of day.
Morning sickness aka nausea can be very displeasing, especially when it interferes with your ability to eat and get the right nutrition for yourself and your baby. You can treat and even prevent moomie morning sickness with these natural remedies listed below.
1. Grate some ginger root and pour hot water over it, then drink as needed or take ginger root in capsule form.
2. Keep blood sugar stable through the night by sipping on apple juice.
3. Drink a mix of brewer’s yeast and tomato juice with lemon.
4. Herbal teas made with lemon balm and peppermint are also known to reduce morning sickness.
5. By taking vitamin B6 (25mg) three times per day, you can reduce nausea associated with morning sickness.
6. Stay hydrated by drinking a glass of water every hour. If you can’t keep water down, try sucking on frozen fruit lollies.
7. Citrus fruits like lemon, orange and grapefruit are also believed to relief nausea.
8. Drink flat, room temperature ginger ale or chew on crystallised ginger.
9. Eat a snack rich in protein before bedtime.
10. Treat morning sickness by chewing on fennel seeds which assist with digestion.
Many believe that low blood sugar can also cause morning sickness so it is advisable to eat 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day consisting of vegetables, carbs and protein. Try to avoid spicy, greasy and processed foods. Add exercise to your daily routine and get plenty of sleep.
Even though morning sickness is rarely harmful to mother or baby, it is uncomfortable and inconvenient but rest assured, can be treated with these natural home remedies.